Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Super Sexy CPR


I showed this to GG this morning and he stormed off with "what's wrong with you people?," under his breath. I think we all know what he's talking about.

Here's a link to the Super Sexy CPR site, and their one-minute, lingerie-on-lingerie video. Follow at your own discretion.

Yeah. It's shameless. We explore that theme pretty regularly here at the Ad Watch. But really, it's just a Victoria's Secret commercial with the benefit of passing along potentially life-saving information.

In truth it's a viral campaign for Fortnight Lingerie. Through some "research" I've learned that they are Canadian and specialize in handmade underwear. To their credit, this information is not easily found on their CPR site.

What do you think, readers? Exploitation? Or is CPR training vital to communicate "by any means necessary?"

Next up: a Heimlich Maneuver how-to. Just guessing.

--Straight Guy

6 comments:

SteveA said...

I think if there's a good message in their, then it's OK. An ad like that would probably get most people's attention, so if it also has a good message then people might remember it more!

Straight in Upstate said...

Yeah, that had nothing to do with public service. It was about straight male lesbian fantasies. I thoroughly enjoyed the ad, but don't count on me for CPR.

I agree with GG, but would he have had the same reaction if it was two male Calvin Klein underwear models? Just asking.

Oddyoddyo13 said...

Hold on...choking on water here. (That's just from reading this.)

Yeah, pretty sure that's not for my eyes.

kathryn said...

For me, it's a no-brainer. As a straight female, I'm obviously not meant to learn CPR...at least, not through this site. I understand that it's the men who are creating these ads...but where's the appeal for the straight woman? I think, "Nice legs" and then I love on.

Maya Sulton said...

In the point of view of an open-minded woman, I don't see anything wrong with this video due to the use of women clad with lingerie, since it increases the attention of people to the advantage of knowing about first-aid with the use of those fine women as specimen.

Other than that, it makes me think about the wonders of undergarments to make you look much better than being naked, the lingerie (such as the various brands of undergarments such as the Marie Jo bras) accentuates the assets of one's body to make it more appealing.

pharmacy said...

it's shameless. We explore that theme pretty regularly here at the Ad Watch.

Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive