Ad Watch: Gay Ads to Watch
Ad Week published "50 Gayest Ads Ever" this week.
I'm pleased that we've posted several of these ads over the years here on our site.
I should probably be offended by the Travelocity clip above: it's full of gay stereotypes. But I snickered all the way through and that's enough of a vote of endorsement for me. Readers--anyone offended?
Ad Week tracked great range of commercials--funny, touching, sad, weird, campy, old, recent. When you click to view, you often have to sit through an ad first, but it's worth it. Note: Straight Guy is angry that "you have to watch an ad to what an ad!"
It's hard to me pick a fave, but I am partial to No. 50. Maybe it's the sound track. Maybe it's the sophisticated, slightly film noir quality. Maybe it's my feeling of kinship with a man (or woman) who's lived with a a slob.
Readers: What your favorite?
Remember folks, Straight Guy does a dynamite job of tracking ads himself on our companion website, Gay Ads/Straight Ads.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- Checking In... About Checking Out
- Boys Do Cry: 'The Champ' Takes Title as Saddest Mo...
- Fashion Watch: Too Hot and Not Cool
- Things Straight Guy Hates Immediately: The Steve B...
- Update To Yesterday's Post: Bachmann Pinging Multi...
- Media Watch: Daily Show's Jon Stewart on Michelle ...
- Bronies - Grown Men and Fans of "My Little Pony"
- Ad Watch: Hugh Gets Skin Like Dew
- Media Watch: Dirty Minds Think Alike
- Media Watch: Steve Martin and Alec Balwin Gay Marr...
- Ad Watch: Gay Ads to Watch
- ▼ July (11)
- ► 2010 (195)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)