Thanks for bearing the load on the website. I've been pretty checked out of late. Things are fine, but I am cranky these days.
It's furnace hot here, I'm off my gym routine and on the wrong side of 160 lbs., work's busy and the new boss is a learning curve, my dad had a trip to the ER and a hospital overnighter, I haven't seen some important friends for a while, and I'm disgusted that my government can't get its shit together about this impending debt crisis but have to admit it looks too much like my own financial management for comfort. Wah, wah, wah. You get the idea.
Without doubt there are things that make me happy. Of course, number one on the list is that same-sex couples began marrying in New York State on Sunday. Read more. That's huge--both in terms of its importance and that New York is a huge state. That's a lot of wedding presents (Crate and Barrel thanks you) and more importantly lots of new couples and millions of people being influenced in new and personal ways.
I got my first save-the-date wedding card for a New York wedding. Makes me happy.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- Checking In... About Checking Out
- Boys Do Cry: 'The Champ' Takes Title as Saddest Mo...
- Fashion Watch: Too Hot and Not Cool
- Things Straight Guy Hates Immediately: The Steve B...
- Update To Yesterday's Post: Bachmann Pinging Multi...
- Media Watch: Daily Show's Jon Stewart on Michelle ...
- Bronies - Grown Men and Fans of "My Little Pony"
- Ad Watch: Hugh Gets Skin Like Dew
- Media Watch: Dirty Minds Think Alike
- Media Watch: Steve Martin and Alec Balwin Gay Marr...
- Ad Watch: Gay Ads to Watch
- ▼ July (11)
- ► 2010 (195)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)