Viral Vid: Sassy Gay Friend on March Madness
I love this Sassy Gay Friend vid. He's broken out of the literary classics (Romeo & Juliet, Othello and Macbeth) to take on sports. It's March Madness! Or "March Crazy Times Tournament," per Sassy Gay Friend.
Readers, people are often surprised to find out that I like basketball. College basketball at least. Straight Guy and I are lucky to live in a good college basketball town with pretty reliable access to excellent seats. We end up catching three or four games together a season. Always fun. Straight Guy understands how the game is played, and knows why players get fouled, for example. I just take it all in. I like the excitement, speed and beauty of the game, plus great people watching. A good night of basketball is not that different than a good night of theater, just with nachos and beer.
I am part of our office basketball pool, which is pretty much a direct donation of $10 to the winner. My bracket looked pretty good for a while -- I was in the top half of the 40+ in the pool, but I don't have the guts to look at it now.
In June, I should start a Tony Award pool and steal people's money. Great idea, except the only people who would enter the pool would be tough to beat. I don't expect any novices filling out a Tony Award "bracket."
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- Stop Me Before I Say, "I Told You So."
- Viral Vid: Sassy Gay Friend on March Madness
- Style Watch: It's Whiskers, By a Whisker
- It's Not the Size of the Survey That Matters, It's...
- The Last Movie Star
- Viral Video: Disappointing Gay Best Friend
- Ad Watch: St. Patrick's Day Man Hug Rules from Gui...
- Viral Video: Thou Shalt Not Dis the Dude!
- Clothes Shopping Makes Gay Guy Into Straight Husba...
- Rader Poll: GG and SG Disagree on How to Handle Ju...
- Happiest Man In America? It's not GG or SG...
- Sign of Spring?
- ▼ March (12)
- ► 2010 (195)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)