Gay Guy and I were talking the other day. And, as usual, he said something that shocked me into momentary silence.
Apparently, he has never -- never! --taken a swig of any beverage directly from the jug or carton. Even though he has an awesome bachelor pad and can make his own rules.
It's no one else's milk but his. But even if there is only a sip left, he still feels the need to transfer to a glass before consuming.
He said it just grosses him out. I pointed out that it's much more environmentally friendly to drink from the jug than to use the water needed to wash all those glasses. He didn't budge.
I also pointed out that there's essentially no difference between the jug and single serving bottles of Gatorade and beer (which he's fine with). Especially when he's the only one drinking them. He just looked back at me like I was the crazy one.
I will admit that if a beverage is shared among roommates or family, that it's best to follow standard protocol and keep your mouth off of the container.
But I'll also admit to breaking this rule from time to time, especially in the middle of the night. And, if it's the last serving? There are no rules.
Any insight, readers? What are your guidelines?
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- Stop Me Before I Say, "I Told You So."
- Viral Vid: Sassy Gay Friend on March Madness
- Style Watch: It's Whiskers, By a Whisker
- It's Not the Size of the Survey That Matters, It's...
- The Last Movie Star
- Viral Video: Disappointing Gay Best Friend
- Ad Watch: St. Patrick's Day Man Hug Rules from Gui...
- Viral Video: Thou Shalt Not Dis the Dude!
- Clothes Shopping Makes Gay Guy Into Straight Husba...
- Rader Poll: GG and SG Disagree on How to Handle Ju...
- Happiest Man In America? It's not GG or SG...
- Sign of Spring?
- ▼ March (12)
- ► 2010 (195)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)