Here's my obligatory gay guy tribute to Elizabeth Taylor, who died today at age 79. Read an obit.
She had a spotty, up and down career, but for a long time she exuded beauty and sensuality straight off the movie screen and like no one else. Over ripe, yes. Messy, for sure. But watch her on screen as Maggie in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, or years --and pounds---later as the truly scary Martha in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf. Amazing.
Read a great essay on Taylor.
I try to forget that Taylor was a Michael Jackson sidekick by remembering the great work that she did raising funds and awareness for AIDS causes, especially in founding amfAR. "I will not be ignored," she remarkably said of her activism. Read the amfAR tribute.
The Wackadooes of Westboro Baptist Church are deliberating on whether to protest Taylor's funeral in their usual disgusting and not entirely logical fashion.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- Stop Me Before I Say, "I Told You So."
- Viral Vid: Sassy Gay Friend on March Madness
- Style Watch: It's Whiskers, By a Whisker
- It's Not the Size of the Survey That Matters, It's...
- The Last Movie Star
- Viral Video: Disappointing Gay Best Friend
- Ad Watch: St. Patrick's Day Man Hug Rules from Gui...
- Viral Video: Thou Shalt Not Dis the Dude!
- Clothes Shopping Makes Gay Guy Into Straight Husba...
- Rader Poll: GG and SG Disagree on How to Handle Ju...
- Happiest Man In America? It's not GG or SG...
- Sign of Spring?
- ▼ March (12)
- ► 2010 (195)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)