Ad Watch: Benetton Presidential Face Mashing
I am SHOCKED by this ad. Shocked that Benetton is still in business, that is. But I haven't been in the mall since last Christmas.
Otherwise, ho hum. Benetton has leveraged this kind of high production value shock-vertising every few years. I'm not sure they can take much credit for moving the needle in terms of acceptance or awareness. They usually piss off more people than they convert, and that's not progress.
Here's the idea this time: "Stop hating, if you were hating. Unhate is a message that invites us to consider that hate and love are not as far away from each other as we think. Actually, the two opposing sentiments are often in a delicate and unstable balance. Our campaign promotes a shift in the balance: don’t hate, Unhate."
What? It's not that easy, Benetton. I can't just flip a switch and start loving Enya music and flan after all these years. Sometimes, we hate for the right reasons.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- Gee Whiz: Insert Joystick Joke Here
- Outside it is winter. But in here it's so hot.
- Boyz n the Hoodie?
- Ad Watch: Benetton Presidential Face Mashing
- Things Straight Guy Hates Immediately: Paint Color...
- And Then This Happened...
- These Bitchy Words Are a Few of My Favorite Things...
- Gay Guy Asks: Are You Stacked Against Me?
- In the Genes? Gay Penguins Need to Collect Their S...
- ▼ November (9)
- ► 2010 (195)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)