Hi guys. I need a male opinion...gay and straight. An old boyfriend of mine met a guy while in the airport (I know....so Larry Craig). They are now best friends and talk at least daily on the phone. They have also gone on several trips together. They are both married. What do you think? Gay or Straight?
The one thing that stands out in this scenario are the daily phone calls. The best thing about my straight male friends is that we are under no obligation to call, remember birthdays, or, honestly, to care overly much about the details of each others lives. I can't imagine having enough pertinent information to pass along on a daily basis to a long-distance friend.
Straight Guy and I are in agreement here. Let the straight male stereotype be your guide.
Male-male new buddy weekends don't warrant attention if they are to:
- Las Vegas, as long as it's for gambling.
- Any major sporting event, especially if it's what ever the sports version of season finale is, you know, World Series, NCAA Final Four, Super Bowl
- NASCAR anything
- Bachelor Party Weekends (Trust me, there's no sex of any kind going on at those weekends, just crushing boredom.)
- Consumer Electronic Show (Ouch! Sorry, Straight Guy.... I'm not judging.... )
- With the exception of Bruce Springsteen, out of town concerts. This includes Death Maiden.
- Any event that involves bringing home an autograph.
But, first let's put on "The Man that Got Away" and talk about why you're so interested in what your now-married ex-boyfriend is up to. I've been there.