Here's a page from a 1940's booklet of tips for housewives and mothers (see right):
Wow, that's passive aggressive.
And if the kid happens to enjoy lace or other fripperies, mom will have another set of issues to address. And she better be prepared to follow through with the wardrobe enhancements.
But, someone on the original post wondered if we could still use this technique in a way that might encourage today's lads to keep their pants pulled up. Maybe steal their street cred by sewing something frilly to the underwear that shows when kids let their waistlines droop.
Though not really an ad, this has been added to our Gay Ads | Straight Ads tumblr site. There are a whole bunch of new posts, including Miller Lite's "Man Up" campaign, a European gay adoption PSA, a biker gang dancing to Bieber, and a promo for a cologne called "Eau De Stade" -- yes, that's french for "Stadium Odor." Blech.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- Hall of Badassery: Badass Rope Swing
- Gay/Straight Cable Viewing
- Fruit of the Loon: How Much Is Too Much?
- Hip = Gay?
- Hall of Shame: Dishonoring the Medal of Honor
- GG/SG: Now In Our Fourth Year!
- Straight Guy ('s personal) Hall of Shame: Pontiac ...
- Make Mine a Latte
- Hall of Badassery: Rocket Man
- Gay Meets Straight: Sunday Night Smackdown
- Ad Watch: Son of a...
- Candy Corn Cone
- ▼ November (12)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)