Real Men Don't Watch E!

Gay Guy,

Spent part of the weekend in bed watching the E! Entertainment News Network. I know, I know. But give me points for owning up to it.

Seemed like a big week in celebrity gay news.

Clay Aiken is gay. (Next time, can we come up with a better headline than "I'm Gay," or "Yes, I'm Gay."?) Um, no surprise to me. But I do find some humor in the outraged reaction of Claymates. Is that Schadenfreude?

"This is really shocking news as I had no idea he was gay," read a comment... "And now I have to deal with this. I am not sure what to say to people who know I was a fan. ... I didn't go to work today and am not answering the telephone."

Lindsay Lohan MAY be gay. Am I a jerk for qualifying this... assuming that maybe this is just college-aged, girls-gone-wild, experimentation? What do I care? Why the double standard (guys are gay forever, girls are free switch it up)?

Brad Pitt and Steven Speilberg offer pro-gay support (political and financial) in the fight against the California ballot initiative to make same-sex marriage illegal.

Neil Patrick Harris brings his boyfriend to the Emmys including down the red carpet. No fuss no muss.

The celeb support of same-sex marriage and NPH's openness are all good news, I assume. But what's your take on the in/out frenzy re: Lohan and Aiken? These revelations got much more press and attention on the web.

--Straight Guy

No comments: