Caving In on "Man Caves"?

Straight Guy,

"Man Cave" made it to a 2012 list of words that should be banished. Sorry, I'm just the messenger. I'll buy you a bright light for your man cave of a dimly lit office. 

But, is "man cave" out as an overused word or is having a man cave out, too? 

I'm guilty, here. While my office is bright--perhaps to compensate for no windows--guests often call my my home lighting scheme "serene." This might be code for man cave. It's actually due to an odd placement of outlets. 

Readers, anyone else living or working in a (formerly known as a) man cave? Is there any kind of gay/straight, male/female trend?

--Gay Guy

1 comment:

Straight Guy said...

I guess I always though that "cave" implied a bit of de-evolution... That we could be our primal selves there. Ironically, man caves are usually high tech. But the implication was that we could escape from social and domestic pressures.

Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive